1. Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. Chalkstream Media GmbH reserves the right to change these Terms by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
4. This site and the information, videos, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Chalkstream Media GmbH provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Chalkstream Media GmbH be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence. Whilst Chalkstream Media GmbH endeavours to ensure the information contained in this site is accurate, it does not warrant that it is error free.
5. Chalkstream Media GmbH does not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, and reliability of the materials.
6. Copyright restrictions:
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Chalkstream Media GmbH. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by Chalkstream Media GmbH to use any item displayed.
Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Chalkstream Media GmbH). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
7. This site may contain links to other sites, please be aware that Chalkstream Media GmbH is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and takes no responsibility for their content or availability.
9. Purchases made on this site are strictly non-refundable. All content provided is subject to the terms and conditions listed on the platform where it is hosted.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Switzerland. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Switzerland.
11. If these Terms are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
Our Privacy Notice explains what types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also details how we will and handle, store and secure your data.
Chalkstream Media GmbH are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use your information in line with EU GDPR May 2018 data protection principles.
In order to be able to process your orders and supply you with excellent service, we will need to collect information such as contact names, billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses. We do not record or store any Credit/Debit card details. We will only collect data which is sufficient to facilitate an ongoing business relationship and will not request or store any sensitive data. All personal information which we hold will be stored securely.
There are occasions when we will need your consent in order to process your data. This may include consent to receive email newsletters, deals or product updates. We may use your purchase history to personalise the mailings in order to make these mailings more relevant to you.
We may also need your consent to be able to send sales invoices or statements by email.
You have the right to remove any consent given at any time.
On very rare occasions we may be legally obliged to pass specific elements of your data to government or law enforcements agencies if there is a suspicion of people being involved in fraud or some other criminal activity.
HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
If you complete the contact form on our web site
When you complete our account application form.
If you purchase a product or service by phone of directly from our premises.
If engage with us via social media.
Information obtained from purchase invoices received.
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will primarily use your personal data in order to expedite your orders. This will also extend to handling queries, complaints and returns. The GRPR classifies this as data use for Legitimate Interests. Details of these transactions will also be held for future reference and for accounting purposes. We will keep these details in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as warranties for a reasonable period.
We are legally obliged to keep accounting records including copy invoices which will include your invoice and delivery addresses.
We will have to pass some of your details to selected third parties such as couriers solely in order to ensure that you receive the goods you have ordered from us. We would be unable to deliver your orders if you do not allow your data to be shared with our delivery partners.
We will use the telephone number data of trade account holders to call to discuss future orders and any offers available. We may periodically send out price updates and product promotions to account holders by post.
Where you consent to receiving marketing or accounting information via email, we will only send the information you have agreed to receive to the email addresses you specify. You are free to opt out of receiving these communications by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
Some communications such as sales invoices, notices of product recall, Privacy Notice updates, etc may be required by law. Where these do contain any promotional content they do not require prior consent when sent by post or email.
Your personal data is held within password protected, restricted access applications on our in-house servers. Our system are protected and monitored to maintain security.
We only share limited amounts of data with other parties where it is essential for them to be able to perform a specific function. These third parties may include:
- Delivery contractors
- IT partners who support systems and website
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google (see also cookie notice below)
Under the GDPR you have the right to request a copy of any personal data we hold for you. You also have the right to request that any incorrect data we hold is updated or deleted. If you choose not to allow us to hold your personal data we may not be able to provide most of the services you require.
You have the right to opt out of receiving direct marketing through email or post at any time.
If you want to make any changes to the way we process your data or opt out of receiving marketing information please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
WHAT IS IN A COOKIE?
Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU DON’T WANT COOKIES TO BE SET
Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their computer or mobile device a bit intrusive. Although this is generally quite harmless you may not, for example, want to see advertising that has been targeted to your interests. If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions of the website. You can block cookies by going into your browsers control panel/preferences.